Friday, September 5, 2014

Winning at life

I recently had a dear friend accuse me of 'winning at life'. Here was the start of that conversation which I found quite droll and thought provoking all at once.

Friend: [talking about competitive mindsets] It's not a fucking competition
Me: Yes it is! I'm winning the fucking gold!
Friend: Well yeah, not only are you hot, but you won the wife lottery too.
Me: And I still keep practicing my fucking, can't let my title lapse. Thank you btw.
Friend: You just kind of win at life lol
Me: It's not over yet.

That exchange made me think all about my wins at life. I have my on and off days and days where I wonder wtf I was thinking at the time and why I'm still thinking the same thing now. On balance, though I believe this friend was dead on and I have very very little about which to complain.

I'll give an example.

I met this very sexy lady online and met her for dinner & drinks. As I was making my way to our date, an unfortunate event occurred. I was in an accident. No one was hurt and I was only twenty minutes late for the date. My partner was understanding and we had a lovely evening flirting, talking, and getting a general background on each other.

During the course of the conversation, I'll call her Layla, mentioned that though she has always been a very sexual creature, she never had any sex toys used on her - ever. I was a bit shocked, which is difficult thing to accomplish with my carnal background, but ever the one to help I suggested our second date be sex toy shopping. The first date ended with a bit of rope bondage in public and some kissing. Win!

The second date started with dinner and lots of gazing. Have I mentioned that Layla is really stunning? I haven't, well she is and I do enjoy a good evening in the stun. She had bicycled to the date and while lovely, wasn't in 'outing' clothes. The top/dom in me took over and I said that she might have more fun if I took her home to change into something a bit more flirty. Short skirt achieved, we set off to the Pleasure Chest and the Stockroom. Win!

Commence the in car canoodling...

When we arrived at the Pleasure Chest they were having a class on spanking. My lovely date while aroused and sexual had had a heteronormative sex life post-college. This I thought was a decadent eye opener to start the evening. It also had the side effect of closing off the cheesier bit of the store - gag gifts and games.

As I took her around the store and explained to her about condoms and lube(they go together like condoms and lube), vibrating toys (cue scary Hitachi), ball gags, cuffs, collars, leather, rope, spreader bars, GIANT toys, silicone adult star replicas, metal, glass, and more vibrating toys, I could see the wheels turning in her mind. Sensory overload is a friend who I introduce to almost every date.

After the tour she wisely chose to get a Fun Factory Layaspot vibe. This, I think, should be the default first vibrator for anyone. Purchase in hand we set off for the Stockroom for the next bit of brain boggling.

The shop was closing but the very sweet clerk let us pop in for a quick browse. Needless to say, if the Pleasure Chest is a brain buzzing boutique, the Stockroom is a bazaar of bawdy bdsm bewitchery. Latex clothes, floggers, electro-stim, sounding, cupping, caning, etc. were all quickly inhaled in the brief time we were in the store.

As with all good shopping trips, this one ended with a cocktail. There was rum and a tiki bar involved. As we leaned our way back out to the car kissing and holding each other, there was a moment when I looked into her lustful eyes and suggested that she try out her new toy. She agreed wholeheartedly and we set off in the car to tour LA deep in the dead of night. Win!

I actually did have a plan to wander back towards whence we had driven.  As I'm driving around LA with this gorgeous woman who has a layaspot glued to her crotch my gps stops and I have to guess at where I am.  Is there a word for horny, thrilled, and worried all at the same time? There should be.

I drive through back streets and roads while she's reaching her apex of pleasure - with a dominant man, who helped her buy her first sex toy that she's publicly masturbating with in a moving vehicle. This is a second date for the ages.

Post-bliss she helps me navigate back towards our departure point. As we leave each other, we make plans to meet for an actual sexy-time date, and that's a win for another time.

No comments: